Quilting in the Valley 2017 Bus Trips
Quilting in the Valley Annual Summer Bus Trip
Day 1-We will board the bus at the city parking lot at the corner of Gooding and 2nd St. Cars can be left there for the weekend. We will leave LaSalle at 8AM and head to:
- Yellow Creek Quilt Shop in Pearl City-9:15-10:15
- Pendarvis in Mineral Point, Wi. (Pendarvis is a fully restored early 1800 village of Cornish lead miners. There are homes to tour, gift shops, and Cornish food and history.) 11:30-1:45
- Hidden Quilts in Platteville, WI 2:15-3:15
- Galena where you can either visit Phat Quarters or wander around the downtown area for a couple of hours. 4:15-6:15
- Dubuque, IA where we will have the Prime Rib and Seafood Buffet at the Mystique Casino. (With a little time extra to explore the casino, if you wish.) We will spend the night at the Hilton Garden Inn attached to the Mystique Casino. 6:45-
Day 2-We leave our hotel at 8:30 to visit:
- Quilt Shop Sampler shop in Dubuque-Cotton Cabin Quilt Shop. 9-10
- Jesup, IA to visit Merry’s Stitchin’, home of ‘Patchabilities” quilt patterns. 11:30-12:30
- Cedar Falls with a stop for lunch and then Crazy to Quilt. 1-2:45
- Nashua for a short stop to view The Little Brown Church…(like the song) 3:15-3:45
- Quilt Shop Sampler shop in New Hampton-Quilter’s Window. 4:15-5:15
- Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center in Onalaska, WI for dinner and overnight. 7:15-
Day 3-We leave our hotel at 9:30AM and head to:
- Olive Juice Quilts in Onalaska, WI
- River Road Quilt Shop in LaCross with a quick stop for lunch.
- Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI. (Baraboo was the summer home of the Barnum and Bailey Circus for many years. There are antique carousels, circus wagons, side show exhibits, and lots of really cool retro stuff to make you nostalgic with memories of the magic of the circus.)
- Cracker Barrel in Janesville for dinner, and then back to LaSalle arriving home around 8PM.
This year’s trip is designed to be a little more relaxed, with an equal amount of touristy things to go with the 8 quilt shops we will visit!
Cost for this trip is $450, double occupancy. Included: transportation, admission to Pendarvis and Circus World, dinner at the casino, 2 nights lodging double occupancy, and lots of fun! Sign up with a $225 deposit, second $225 installment due by the end of June. Limit 38. You can sign up at the shop or on our Online Store!
Wisconsin Quilt Expo
We will leave LaSalle at 8AM for a relatively short trip up to Madison for this very nice show. (The bus will leave from the city parking lot at the corner of Gooding and 2nd St, where you can leave your cars.) We leave the show at 4PM and head home with a stop at Cracker Barrel in Janesville for dinner on the way.
Cost for this trip is $45, including transportation and show ticket.